Thursday, July 2, 2015

Doll Making Together

The Puppenmitmacherei (doll making together) has begun.  You will find more information and other participants on Marie Gold's Blog and Nature Children.  The first month we are brainstorming and have been given some questions to think about.  The questions and answers are to help us find the doll that is living in our heart....the doll we will create during these upcoming months.
This process is new to me...the thought process.  I usually jump right in without considering if what I am creating is actually from the heart....from my heart.

Question One:  What interests me about doll making in a group and what do I want to learn?
I have already learned to stop and consider what is I want to achieve.  There are so many different ways of creating and I have always heard 2 heads are better than one so a group environment should be a wealth of information.

Question Two:  What is important and what makes a doll beautiful?
I have a pinterest board Waldorf Inspired Dolls which allows me to collect lots of inspiration and ideas.  It also allows me to notice what features I am drawn to and like.  Most important to me would be that doll is huggable easily loved, no hard edges or stiff attachments.  Beauty is in the face, the eyes and a sweet simple mouth.  No need for a big smile as not all of life can be handled with a smile.  A simple expression that allows for secrets to told and hearts to be poured into.  We all need someone that will listen.

Question Three:  Who am I sewing the doll for?
That is an excellent question....I have no little ones here and no grandchildren on the way.  I often think of those children that have no one that they can call their own.  I guess this comes from volunteering in the school system as my children were growing up.  I saw children that were hungry for love and attention, those that their face lit up when they were noticed.  I guess I am sewing for a child like that someone that needs a friend.

Next we are to consider if we will use a pattern or create our own.  For me I will be using the book:
Simple Cloth Daisy Dolls.  Marie Gold did a review of several doll making books...this one seemed to be perfect for me.
So my notebook is out and I will be giving this new adventure much thought and planning.

Love to all,
Deb
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...